Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yes RRHOF nominee for 2014

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 108 Posts
    Contribute Click the image below to donate to Yeeshkul.

Default Yes RRHOF nominee for 2014

Well the nominees have been announced for 2014 induction. Tough list here with some big name popular acts, but just for Yes to be nominated is a step forward.
    1382431_10151767027274107_1692845733_n.jpg
    http://www.rockhall.com/get-involved/interact/poll/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=UPNMp5_vhd0

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ctees-20131016

Thanks
    Thanked 8,128 Times in 231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rmprog77 View Post
    Tough list here with some big name popular acts,
    I'm thinking LL Cool J has it sewn up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ravingandrooling View Post
    I'm thinking LL Cool J has it sewn up.
    Yes you're probably right. Problem with only allowing 5 selections for 'joe public' they will probably be Hall and Oates, Gabriel, Kiss, Nirvana, LL CoolJ......tough list for Yes to get in the mix. Being nominated is a plus though....hey stranger things have happened. well I spoke too soon as polling right now has Yes in third place, I'll be f............ed. There's also a video on Yes facebook of a big announcement next week. This could get interesting! 2014 might be a good one for Yes.
    Last edited by Rmprog77; 10-20-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

Well the big announcement has come. New album, new 'Re-Union' line-up, official DVD or Blu-ray of the 3 album tour? NO another remaster of the Atlantic years CDs . Oh great just what we don't need. Hello guys we had the Rhino remasters circa 2003, there has just been a 2013 remaster of the same recordings in SACD format 16/44 and 24/96 from Japan ridiculously priced I might add. You can download 24/96 versions of the albums from HD tracks.
    Another remaster set at $80 NO NO NO NO NO AND with a 16 sec promo video made by a five year old (bottom of page) http://yesworld.com/2013/10/yes-the-...-1987-box-set/ Come on guys.
    Not Good!!! New Roger Dean artwork is always welcome though but I won't be paying $80 for it.
    Well let's hope that 2014 has better news. OK off the soapbox.
    Last edited by Rmprog77; 10-30-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: another bad link,bad all round, bad bad bad

Thanks

OK I feel an update is in order here. Being this is a Pink Floyd forum you probably could care less but as we are in the other bands section .....here goes.

These here remastered cd's are not new remasters at all - they are the very same Rhino remasters from 2003, exactly the same the only difference is the artwork!
    So all you're getting for the $80 is the new artwork.....un****ing believeable!!! In addition they are not available in the US if anyone is dumb enough to rebuy them until 12-24-2013. Oh way to go guys!
    The way this whole release has been handled with inaccurate and misleading information (check out some of the official Yes facebook posts) is pretty astounding to a long time fan. Whoever is managing this and their PR people should be fired. Great campaign guys right when you are looking for votes for the RRHOF.

On a brighter note Prog magazine issue #40 which I guess is on sale in the UK now has a very nice feature on the making of the Close to the Edge album. Any readers here know where one could purchase just this issue in the US without having to pay a full years subscription?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rmprog77 View Post
    Any readers here know where one could purchase just this issue in the US without having to pay a full years subscription?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-RO...item2c752726dd

Thanks

Thanks for the link. Did not think of ebay. Not thinking good right now. Bad week here in the 'prog house'.

Thanks

It's a shame the box set is just rehash. I would LOVE "The Word is Live Volume two". Man that was almost 10 years ago! I bought it a week before hurricane Katrina and that box set, a portable cd player, and some batteries got me through the very hard time after that storm.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lennyif View Post
    It's a shame the box set is just rehash. I would LOVE "The Word is Live Volume two". Man that was almost 10 years ago! I bought it a week before hurricane Katrina and that box set, a portable cd player, and some batteries got me through the very hard time after that storm.
    Yep its very disappointing. Sounds like a rush job to put something together, with delays in releasing the Steven Wilson remaster of CTTE etc. From my diehard perspective I would have preferred they do something else, but I guess they might be trying to expose the back catalogue to new fans/buyers. Who knows, to me it's a mistake and badly executed.
    Katrina must have been rough, glad you made it and had some good music to listen to.

Thanks

What's it matter?
    Yes are a complete load of bollocks anyway